Highlights of the November 14, 2013 Meeting of the WIMGA Board of Directors
- The Coordinator’s update included a mention of the upcoming At-Large Director election, asked for feedback on MG awards, an update on the progress of the annual accomplishment report, a reminder of the next name badge order being sent on the 15th and a list of more bad email addresses.
- The Conferences Committee reported that a message was sent to all local reps to consider hosting the 2016 regional MG conference, and a couple of smaller groups indicated they would discuss it with their local groups. The Board will make a decision at January meeting on how this will be hosted.
- The Resources Committee is working on reviewing the list of hort links on the website.
- The Finance Committee announced the winners of the 2013 WIMGA Educational Grants.
- Susan Mahr gave the MG Advisory Committee Report, summarizing the discussions at the October 24 meeting.
- There are 7 MGVs currently on the MG Advisory Committee, but there should only be 5 MGV members of the committee: the President, Past President and 3 Board members. One (Becky Gutzman) is a special invited member of the committee, leaving 5 places for 6 people. MGV Ron Richter was appointed to the committee when he was on the Board, but is no longer a Board member. The Board appointed Rod Bohn, Byron Hacker, and John Hahn to remain on the committee, along with President Verne Gilles and Past President Jim Culbertson.
- The next meeting will be December 12 by WisLine at 4:30 p.m